Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you Lord for other women who follow Christ! Thank you that they also want to share the love they have found in you with others. Lord I ask that you continue to bless the mission of She Reads Truth and all the women who work on staff there who work tirelessly to share you with the world! I also ask that you bless all the women who read this today and are directed to http://www.shereadstruth.com who then are directed back to you.
In your name I pray,
It’s a … NEW STUDY!
LENT IS HERE, LENT IS HERE!
I woke up this morning to find that my Lent study from She Reads Truth had arrived yesterday in the mail. I have been doing studies from She Reads Truth now for almost two years and I can not say enough about them.
On February 27 She Reads Truth will embark on a 49 day journey through Lent! This years Lent study is entitled You Are Mine: A Lenten Study of Isaiah . I am particularly excited about studying Isaiah because my Monday night small group is just wrapping up our year long journey reading through Isaiah. I think one of my favorite things about learning is that there is so much to learn, especially when it comes to the word of God. This study is sure to further enrich my knowledge of Isaiah.
So how does She Reads Truth work? SRT is an online community of women who work together to help other women study the bible. In each study they present you with various pieces of scripture and then a guest writer writes a commentary for that particular day. I love the variety of writing styles and different personalities they invite to work on the studies. SRT provides four options in how you can choose to recieve your daily study.
- Free version. Simply get on their website http://www.shereadstruth.com each day, click on the current study, read the scripture assigned and then the commentary provided for that day.
- Free version. You can sign up online for daily emails from SRT and they will email you (early in the morning which I love) the scripture for that day and the commentary.
- There’s an APP for that. If you are someone who loves to read on the go and you have a smartphone you can download the SRT app and for a small fee with each new study you can get everything on the app.
- Book Lovers Unite! This version is by far the most expensive but it is my favorite way to read SRT. I love to highlight and write notes in my SRT books plus the recipes and photography are amazing! So about a month or so before a new study begins SRT will announce the new study and you can order the study in book form. You simply get online, chose the study you want, pay for the book plus shipping and they will mail you the study a week or two before it begins. Sometimes they will offer free shipping or small gifts with their studies. One of my all time favorite pens came with the Christmas Advent study. Also the books do not contain the commentary from their guest writers. You have to get online to read the commentary. They do this because they want each reader to study and meditate on the word of God not people’s commentary.
So why do I love SRT. My answer is simple … they seek to glorify God and they do not deviate from the word of God. God warns us in Revelations and Proverbs of adding to or taking away from His word.
“And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book” (Revelations 22:9).
“Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar” (Proverbs 30:6).
The deeper I walk in my faith the more I see there are many wolves in sheep’s clothing. We must be discerning people always asking the Holy Spirit to help us know what is from Him and what is not from Him. And this absolutely applies to preachers, pastors and people seeking to spread God’s word. With that being said SRT is a wonderful group that seeks to direct people back to God and His covenant with us through Jesus Christ.
SRT puts out three big studies each year in addition to their shorter ones. The big ones, in my experience, have been the study for Lent, Christmas and a summer study. The books are beautifully put together with stunning photography, delicious recipes, music and small scripture cards to memorize each week! After the study is over I put the scripture cards on my scripture board (I’ll discuss my scripture board in a later blog).
A typical week with SRT truth looks something like this …
- Monday through Friday you read the assigned scripture and commentary.
- Saturday is Grace Day where they encourage you to, “Take this day as an opportunity to catch up on your reading, pray, and rest in the presence of the Lord” (www.shereadstruth.com, 2017)
- Sunday is Weekly Truth where they encourage you to memorize a piece of scripture each week. The little scripture cards included in the book are extremely helpful in memorizing the scripture for the week. You can put these cards on your bathroom mirror or on your desk to help you throughout the week. You can also take a screen shot of the memory verse and make is a screen saver on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Lastly, SRT also has studies for men which you can get from their sight or go to http://www.hereadstruth.com. It is a great way to study the bible with your spouse or significant other. I have bought my husband a few studies in the past but he prefers the emailed version of the study to the book. However the men’s books are awesome. They are smaller in size and less “girly”, dare I say that a few of his studies I preferred over mine. I think I like that they are smaller and easy to throw in my purse. I am one of “those” people that carries everything I have ever owned in my purse. Long story but I have my
freshman orientation professor to blame for that one. But I digress.
Occasionally SRT will offer a Kids Read Truth study for little ones! I bought the Kids Read Truth Advent study for my kids for Christmas and combined the KRT study with our daily advent activities. Needless to say we loved the addition to our advent and will do it again next year.
Needless to say I am a big fan of She Reads Truth! It would be a dream to be a guest writer for them one day 🙂
Challenge: Do something new and check out She Reads Truth website. It is free after all so there is no harm in trying it out to see if it works for you.
Do you have a study that you love and want to share? Comment below if you have a study that you love and think others should know about.
Tip: You can take your SRT book to your local Office Max or Staples and have it spiral bound. I have not done this yet but I think I am going to do it for the Lent study.